20 Activites for Kids during colder months
Updated: Mar 13
A few months back the girls were out of school because of Hurricane Dorian. I thought I was coming home to a peaceful evening on the couch…wishful thinking, right? The girls opened the gates to crazy town!
At that moment I thought I should create a list of activities that we could do when it starts to get colder outside! I realized the more I keep them busy the less likely they will try to take each other’s heads off. My house will go from zero to a thousand REALLY quick!!!
• DIY Playdough
• 750-piece puzzle
• Game night, just dance, Uno, Simon says, Twister
• Make Air Popcorn, Carmel popcorn and a movie
• DIY fall/holiday centerpiece with the kids
• Paper airplane flying game
• Indoor camping
• Balloon Tennis
• Friendship bracelets
• Spa day
• Make various kinds of slime
• Story time tent
• Scavenger hunt
• Morning Crafting (finger painting, scrapbooking, etc)
• Make desert
• Cook a meal together
• Hide and seek
• Create a Giant Gingerbread Man
• STEM challenge (loose parts: cut sponges, clothespins craft sticks, branches, cups etc)
If your children are like mine, busy bodies, this list will keep you remain sane during these colder months.
I have created a list for activities that will make all our weekend lives easier! I know mine will be!
All these activities can be tailored to their specific interest and developmental needs.
If you have some ideas, please share! I need to keep these girls busy! I am sure another Mommy needs suggestions as well.